Musical Theatre Southwest strives to produce quality entertainment in New Mexico. We provide educational opportunities to the community through exploration, guidance, and training in all aspects of musical theatre. We promote a lifetime love of the arts. MTS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Musical Theatre Southwest strives to educate through entertainment an ever evolving community based on diversity through contemporary musical theatre.
- Present quality musicals for the community
- Provide an open environment for artists to learn, develop and improve their skills
- Provide educational opportunities for children, youth, and adults
- Explore and encourage the development and production of new and lesser-known works
Board of Directors
Since first arriving at an audition for MTS in March of 2018, Kale has considered MTS a second home that is an incredibly energetic and supportive community. A place where artists are motivated to learn and challenged to rise to the expectation of high quality performance art. "I hope to see and aid in Musical Theatre Southwest’s growth as an organization and as a pillar of the Albuquerque arts community," states Kale. As a participating member of Musical Theatre Southwest’s Education Committee, he has seen the potential and helped overcome the challenges we face in making educational programs accessible to the community. With organization and vision, he believes that MTS can have expertly planned and competitively attended educational initiatives. Before the Fourth, was his first successful experience of organizing and executing a production. In 2015 and 2016, he acted as Publicity Chair for the inaugural board of Desi Dance Network, a national 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to promote and empower South Asian performing arts and artists, increase diversity in the entertainment industry, and build a community for artists within South Asian Performing Arts.
A strong bond with the community is what has made Musical Theatre Southwest what it is today—a community theatre built on the strong traditions of presenting Broadway-style musicals to families from across New Mexico and the nation. From our humble beginnings as a small and fledgling community theatre, we have helped bring laughter, drama and the best voices from around the state to our stages.
Donation Request Policy
Musical Theatre Southwest is proud to be a 501(c)3 non-profit community theatre serving our community for 60 years in providing quality theatre to New Mexico. As an arts organization, we believe in also supporting other organizations within our community. While we make every effort to support as many requests as possible, due to the number of donation requests we receive, we are unable to accommodate all of them. Please note our donation requirements as follows:
- Donations are only given to non-profit organizations. Your organization must have a 501(c)3 or tax exempt status. You must provide your organization’s valid tax-ID number for your request to be considered.
- Your donation request must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the day of the event or the organization needs the item.
- Your organization must be located within the state of New Mexico.
Priority is given to:
- Arts Organizations
- Educational Organizations
We will not make donations that benefit a specific religious or political organization which represents an issue generally regarded as political. We do not issue monetary donations.