A strong bond with the community is what has made Musical Theatre Southwest what it is today—a community theatre built on the strong traditions of presenting Broadway-style musicals to families from across New Mexico and the nation. From our humble beginnings as a small and fledgling community theatre, we have helped bring laughter, drama and the best voices from around the state to our stages.
Musical Theatre Southwest strives to produce quality entertainment in New Mexico. We provide educational opportunities to the community through exploration, guidance, and training in all aspects of musical theatre. We promote a lifetime love of the arts. MTS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Musical Theatre Southwest strives to educate through entertainment an ever evolving community based on diversity through contemporary musical theatre.
Present quality musicals for the community
Provide an open environment for artists to learn, develop and improve their skills
Provide educational opportunities for children, youth, and adults
Explore and encourage the development and production of new and lesser-known works
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Musical Theatre Southwest we are a family – not always related by blood, but by the same passion for excellence, education, and diversity in all areas of community theatre.
We are devoted to the inclusion of all people regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and / or personal background.
We accomplish this by telling authentic, underrepresented stories which make us stronger and more empathetic to the world at large.
While this statement is not an end-all statement and will constantly evolve as we as an organization learn, this is a starting point for us to form actions that will encourage equity and make an impact in New Mexico.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO
- Deliberately perform at least one or two main stage productions each season that tell authentic, and underrepresented stories because representation is essential
- Partner with local nonprofits that help underserved communities for all of our main stage productions
- Donate a portion of our ticket sales to these nonprofits to invest in their services for our community
- Invite disadvantaged members of our community to see our main stage productions for free on preview nights.
- Increase our educational outreach in a way that is affordable and accessible for all backgrounds
- Offer apprenticeship opportunities to learn through experience the different fields of musical theatre
- Encourage everyone at MTS to share their personal pronouns in their email signatures, on applications, and when introducing themselves to new people
- Recognize the wide array of genders in our world, and continue to update our audition forms to better represent this beautiful tapestry of life
Meet the Board of Directors and Staff
Donation Request Policy
Musical Theatre Southwest is proud to be a 501(c)3 non-profit community theatre serving our community for 60 years in providing quality theatre to New Mexico. As an arts organization, we believe in also supporting other organizations within our community. While we make every effort to support as many requests as possible, due to the number of donation requests we receive, we are unable to accommodate all of them. Please note our donation requirements as follows:
- Donations are only given to non-profit organizations. Your organization must have a 501(c)3 or tax exempt status. You must provide your organization’s valid tax-ID number for your request to be considered.
- Your donation request must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the day of the event or the organization needs the item.
- Your organization must be located within the state of New Mexico.
Priority is given to:
- Arts Organizations
- Educational Organizations
We will not make donations that benefit a specific religious or political organization which represents an issue generally regarded as political. We do not issue monetary donations.
To request a donation, send an email to [email protected] or click on the button below.