An Enchanted Cabaret: A Tribute to the Magical World of Fairy Tales
Musical Theatre Southwest is holding digital auditions for An Enchanted Cabaret. The show is a tribute to all the classic fairy tales we know and love, as told through music from the different decades (50s, 60s, 70s, and so on). The audience will come across a variety of wonderful characters such as Princes, Princesses, Villains, and more! The cast will have the opportunity to play multiple characters and will be singing music from a wide variety of genres.
Auditioning will consist of sending in a video of yourself performing a 32-bar cut of a song (around 1:30 – 2 minutes) , as well as a video of you dancing to the prepared choreography piece. Callbacks will be held over Zoom on Sunday the 6th from 2pm to 7pm. Please leave that time available as much as possible.
All videos must be submitted along with your audition form NO LATER THAN Friday, December 4th at 11:59pm.
***All Dates Tentative
Digital Performance Dates: February 13th and 14th or TBD pending Covid Restrictions
Rehearsals start December 13th, running Sundays through Thursdays from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
Co-Director, David Bryant
Co-Director, Jenni Hipolito
Choreographer, Kale Brown
Music Director, Natalie Hadley
Stage Manager, Ashley Daniels
All videos must be submitted along with your audition form NO LATER THAN Friday, December 4th at 11:59pm MST.
Here are some general guidelines to follow when creating and uploading your videos for our auditions. These videos will remain private, and will not be shown to anyone outside of the audition team.
* Upload your audition videos to your own Youtube channel under Unlisted with the title FULLNAME / VOCAL or CHOREO AUDITION / MTS CABARET
Example JohnDoe / Vocal Audition / MTS Cabaret
* Set the music loud enough to be heard on the video
* Set your front facing light bright enough to see all of your face and body
* Keep your body in frame the entire number as much as possible.
* HAVE FUN! Do your best!
VOCAL AUDITION INFO
Here is some information specific to your vocal audition.
* Please slate at the beginning of your audition video. This consists of stating your name, and the song you will be singing.
* Sing whatever showcases your vocal talents the best, be it a song from the 50’s to a Pop song today. (Preferably no Les Mis)
* Your song should be a 32-bar cut, which is around 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
* Make sure that your vocals are louder than the music in the song.
CHOREOGRAPHY AUDITION INFO
- Here is some information specific to your choreography audition.* The choreography video for the production can be found on our audition page, link provided above, and on our Youtube channel under Musical Theatre Southwest* Please state your name at the beginning of the video
* Wear something that allows the choreographer to see your body move. No jeans or baggy clothes.
* Make sure you are in a space that you feel comfortable moving in
Rehearsals will be held remotely and at the MTS Center for Theatre Black Box, 6320-B Domingo Rd NE (east of San Pedro, between Central & Copper) pending Covid Restrictions.
Actors of all ethnicities and races are encouraged to audition.
All roles are being considered their traditional gender, but the casting team is open to the idea of gender swapping some
PRINCE CHARMING (Male)
LADY TREMAINE (Female)
PRINCE STEFAN (Male)
PRINCE ERIC (Male)
PRINCE ADAM / BEAST (Male)
PRINCE NAVEEN (Male)
ENSEMBLE ROLES INCLUDE:
(All roles listed below can be played by female or male actors.)
TRITON, SEBASTIAN, GRIMSBY
MRS. POTTS, LUMIERE, COGSWORTH, MAURICE
FAIRY GODMOTHER, ANASTACIA, DRIZELLA
FLORA, FAUNA, MERRYWEATHER
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our volunteers, and those working at MTS. You must follow all safety instructions while participating in any project at MTS. Here you can look at a breakdown of the majority of our guidelines that everyone at MTS are required to abide by.
- All members will practice social distancing while at MTS, including the parking lot, to the best of their ability.
- All members are required to wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer provided every time they enter the building, including after a short outdoor/smoke break
- All members will wear a face mask at all times with the exception of filming
- All members will have to be checked by a non-contact thermometer at the door. If one’s temperature is too high (100.4°F or higher), there will be an area to cool down. If one still ranks above that, they’ll be required to leave the premises.
- All members will be responsible for green lighting themselves before coming in for the day.
- MTS staff will be responsible for sanitizing all high touch points before and after every rehearsal.
- Scenes involving singing will be done through lip syncing. The vocals will be practiced and recorded beforehand. If the song involves multiple people we’ll have a staggered call, cleaning the space in between vocalists.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By participating at MTS you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We thank you for taking the time to read through this audition call, and look forward to seeing your videos. Remember, always look on the bright side of life.