- $20 course fee per person
- Limited 20 spots available
- Pianist provided
- 30 minute lecture on topic listed
- 10 singers will have the opportunity to sing and receive feedback
March 9, 2019
10:00am to 12:00 noon
at the MTS Center for Theatre
Limited Space Available
About the Master Class
This two hour audition workshop focuses on how to prepare for a successful musical theatre audition. The workshop begins with practical information:
- how to choose an appropriate audition song,
- how to act a song,
- what to wear,
- how to conquer nerves,
- and many other helpful tips.
The participants will work through their audition songs (accompanist provided) receiving individual instruction and constructive comments. By the end of the two hours, participants will have everything they need to know including a prepared song that is ready for their next audition.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am – Lecture on preparation and practical tips. Handout provided.
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm – Individual instruction on participants’ audition songs.
About the Presenter
Laurie Finnegan is an actor, director, vocalist and educator. She has performed professionally across the country and in Albuquerque for many years. As an educator, she has taught acting classes at the Theatre Arts & Dance department of UNM. Laurie has also taught classes in auditioning, acting, vocal production and musical theatre in public and private schools and in her private voice and acting studio. She also teaches musical theater classes every summer at the Albuquerque Academy. As a director, Laurie has recently directed productions of: A Christmas Carol, Peter Pan, My Fair Lady and Carousel. She has a BFA in Acting and Directing from UNM and is a member of the board of directors for The Growing Stage, as well as a member of the Albuquerque Theatre Guild.